To be married in Nevada, you must have a marriage license issued in the State of Nevada. The Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel can perform a wedding ceremony using a license issued in any county within the State of Nevada. The Marriage Bureau in Reno is open daily from 8am until 8pm and on holidays from 8am until 4pm by appointment only.

The Marriage Bureau charges $85 for the license and accepts cash, money orders, traveler’s checks or credit cards (small fee applies). In Nevada, to be legally married, a marriage ceremony must be performed by a person authorized to perform a marriage in the State of Nevada.

Marriage License Requirements:

Two people (same sex marriages are legal), at least 18 years of age, not nearer of kin than second cousins or cousins of the half blood, and not having a husband or wife living, may be joined in marriage. Both parties must appear at the Marriage License Bureau.

Each applicant must provide proof of the applicant’s name and age. The Marriage License must contain the name of each applicant as shown in the documents presented to prove name and age.

The following original documents containing the applicant’s photo are acceptable. The photo must be a sufficiently recent, clear likeness of the applicant.

  • Driver’s License
  • Driver’s Instruction Permit
  • ID Card issued by U.S. state or territory
  • Foreign government issued ID Card, including Driver’s License (must include birth date)
  • Passport
  • Matricula Consular Card
  • Military ID Card issued by branch of U.S. Armed Forces
  • Military Dependent ID Card issued by branch of U.S. Armed Forces
  • Certificate of Citizenship issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Permanent Resident Card issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Voter Identification Card (must contain birth date)

Or a possible combination of the following (Based on Washoe County Clerk’s sole discretion):

An original or certified Birth Certificate AND

  • Any secondary document that contains the name and photograph of the applicant, or
  • Any document for which identification must be verified as a condition of receipt of the document, such as:
  • Gaming Card
  • Sheriff’s Work Card
  • Social Security Card
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Bank-issued Debit Card
  • Employee ID Card/Badge
  • Membership Card from establishments requiring ID for membership (Costco, Sam’s Club, etc.)

Foreign birth certificates must be translated into English. The translation must state that it is a true and correct translation of the birth certificate. The translation must also state that the translator is a qualified translator and include the printed name of the translator. The document must be signed and notarized.

Other ID may be acceptable. Please call for more information.

Social Security Number:

If you have a social security number, you are required to provide the number. There is NO requirement that you have a social security number to get a marriage license.

Divorce or annulment: You do not need to bring your divorce papers. However, if you have been divorced or your previous marriage has been annulled, the divorce or annulment must be final in the state where granted. You must know the year of the divorce or annulment and where the papers were filed.

Under 18 years old:

  • A new law became effect October 1, 2019 regarding the marriage of minors.  AB139 was passed by the Nevada Legislature and signed by Governor Sisolak. The new law prevents anyone under 18 from getting married in Nevada. The sole exception is for 17 year old minors living in Nevada who are marrying another person who lives in Nevada. A court order and parental consent are both required to obtain the marriage license.
  • To inquire about the process to obtain a court order, you may contact the Second Judicial District Court by phone at (775) 328-3110 or in person at 75 Court Street, Reno, Nevada 89501.
  • Minors from another state will NO longer be permitted to obtain a marriage license or be married in Nevada, and no one (even a Nevada resident) under 17 will be able to get married in Nevada


PHONE: (775) 337-1555
TOLL FREE: (866) 337-1555

Wedding Flowers

Wedding Flowers available for all services! Check out our special Package Deals!

Tuxedo Rental

Look your best for the big day! Arch of Reno offers tuxedo rentals at very reasonable prices.

Wedding Gown Rental

Select from a wide inventory of quality wedding gowns from Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel!

Photography Services

Arch of Reno offers professional wedding photography and prints at very reasonable prices.

Wedding Bands

Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel offers wedding bands in many styles and varieties.

Custom Edited Wedding DVD

Get a custom made wedding DVD from Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel.

Thank you so much for making our wedding day AWESOME! All the special touches and the special time you took to make it an AWESOME day for us! We are very happy with the photos that were taken! Thanks again it was well worth the trip from Oregon!

~ Dave & Cindy Francis

I just want to thank the people at the Arch of Reno Wedding Chapel in Reno Nevada for making our wedding so Beautiful, and pleasant. It was a stress-free wedding. The photographer did an awesome job on our photos. The Minister was awesome also. We will cherish the time we spent in Reno, and the moment our lives became richer upon our marriage at your chapel. God Bless you all!

~ Ian